We don't go back to the doctor for a few more weeks so I'm not sure where she stands on weight/height for her age, but she's got a double chin and is wearing size 6 mos already! I'm going to just assume she's a healthy chunky monkey. Juliet sleeps really well, taking about 3 naps a day and still sleeping 8 hours a night (and even then goes right back to sleep for another hour after eating).
She started laughing this week which was something I've been looking forward to all month. She starts with a big smile and then when we tickle her under her arms, the laughing begins. I love it! I've been trying to film the laughs but she immediately stops as soon as the camera light comes on.
I've brought out lots of baby toys since Juliet is just starting to reach for things and hold on. We have both the exersaucer and jumperoo and she is just barely tall enough for them. Amelia likes to push the buttons for her and tries to play with her but gets really impatient when the baby doesn't understand what's going on.
Juliet's beautiful hair is falling out! Throughout the day I find it on her clothes and bedding and all over her brush at bathtime. Amelia's hair never fell out so I'm not sure what to expect. For now it's just bald underneath...could it come in a lighter color? Also, her eyecolor is still a mystery. They're a totally different color than Amelia's at her age. Lighter and maybe greener? Still hard to say what they'll turn out like.
Her feet touch in the Jumperoo! She just needs to learn what to do with those feet...jump!
Practicing sitting up with the boppy pillow. She gets the biggest smile when she gets to have a different perspective of the room!
Her eyelashes are growing really long too. When she was born they were short and straight but are now getting much prettier!
She definitely has the little Amelia (mommy?) frowny face!
Here is my sweet little patient girl. There is usually some sort of Amelia-induced chaos when I'm trying to cook dinner and the baby just sits in her swing quiet as a mouse. Do you love the clasped hands or what?!
Here's the receding hairline. Every day it goes further back.
Such sweet pictures of Juliet!
ReplyDelete