Girls

Girls

Friday, March 30, 2012

Juliet - 5 Months Old

Look who's almost half a year old!  Time is flying by and I'm a little sad about it! 

She's still a sweet baby who loves to laugh and be a part of the action.  Lately we've been spending a lot of time in the yard to play or garden and Juliet sits quietly in the Bumbo seat taking it all in.  At bedtime, she takes a bath with Amelia and we all lay in bed for story time.  I can still lay her down in her crib awake and she falls asleep with no problem, sleeping 10 hours or so (let's do a rain dance so this habit NEVER changes!).

We are going to wait until 6 months to introduce solid foods so for now it's 100% mama's milk.  She's still funny about eating on the days I work, only having about 10-12oz and then making up for it when we're together.  I have no question about her getting enough to eat...she's wearing size 9 month clothes now!

We get to hear lots of baby singing in the house now!  Gaga & dada are part of the lyrics, with an occasional woo hoo sound mixed in! 

She can just about sit up by herself now.  However, if I leave her sitting for too long she eventually leans forward enough and ends up on her tummy.  She actually does well on her tummy and will hang out for about 15 mins at a time - way more tolerant of tummy time than we experienced with Amelia!







We can't forget about Amelia.  Lately she's really annoyed when I bring out the camera and ask her to pose or smile pretty.  She'll tolerate a few photos before she hides from me.  Guess she's not going to be America's Next Top Model!  As far as getting along with Juliet, I'd go as far as saying that she kind of LIKES her now!  It's been a really long 5 months...=)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm amazed by how well she seems to sit up!

    When my second was that age I remember it so well-- it was so hard with the older sibling jealousy. Once they could actually play together it got so much easier. And now with the third they both love on him so much there is absolutely no jealousy issues. Funny how it happens like that. At least she LIKES her now :)

    ReplyDelete