Now that Amelia is a BIG GIRL (wink wink), she likes to have a say in her clothes and hairdos. She wears a uniform to school 4 days a week and adds in her own personality with fun tights or leggings under her skirts. Fridays are what we call Fashion Fridays and anything goes in my book, as long as it's weather appropriate.
She is quite specific in her hairdo requests, and as long as we have time in the mornings, I normally indulge her. Lately she wants one small braid off to the side of her face, only a clear rubber band and absolutely no bows. Sometimes I plead with her to do a cute ponytail and a giant bow and she lets me do it but as soon as I drop her off at school and I'm out of sight, she takes it all out!
The one place we can't mess around is at dance class. It's a mandatory bun (or ponytail if a dancer's hair isn't quite long enough). They're serious too - we got an email last week with a reminder after some poor girl's mom didn't have time to get her daughter's hair up! I found the most awesome tool to help make the perfect bun: The Conair Bun Maker http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/conair-hair-bun-maker-system/ID=prod6062641-product. It makes a HUGE bun out of not alot of hair (although we don't really have that problem)!
Just for fun last weekend I used my flat iron on Amelia's hair. She thought it was the neatest thing but was pretty upset after we went swimming later and it all turned curly again. I told her that can be our special thing we do for fancy events. I do love her curls though.
This would be a hair 'don't'! This is a wig Ed used way back in the day for a rockstar party. It may make an appearance at Halloween this year...
No comments:
Post a Comment