Girls

Girls

Friday, January 25, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a nice, quiet little Christmas at home this year.  We had just seen Ed's parents at the beginning of December and my family in November, so we had no visitors and no desire to travel.  After opening presents in the morning, we had a fun day with my dear old friend Charlotte and her family.


Juliet had a black eye from falling off a chair at the beginning of December so we had to wait until it went away before I could do our Christmas photos.  This was the night we picked out our Christmas tree and the black eye was fresh.  Poor thing!



 This was Juliet a few mornings before Christmas - I had to share her crazy bed head!




 After we built the bicycle and several other toys on Christmas Eve, I had to take a photo of what was waiting for the girls! On Christmas morning, I heard Amelia wake up and sneak away downstairs.  Then I heard a sweet little "OH!" and pitter patter back up the stairs to come tell me that Santa had come.  After she told me that Santa had brought a bicycle, she asked me how it was possible that he had used our EXACT gift bags and wrapping paper that I've had stored away in a drawer.   Great work, detective!  I let her in on the 'big secret'...if a mommy has special paper or bags that she thinks her kids love, then she leaves them out on Christmas Eve for Santa to use.  She shrugged and said that made sense.  How many more years until she figures out the whole Santa scam????

 Juliet's jumping turtle is a big hit.  We keep it in the kitchen and she jumps while I cook.







This $3.99 ball from Target was also a top gift.  It lights up when it bounces and the girls fight over it.


Super cool on her new bicycle!  

1 comment:

  1. poor juliet! hope she's doing better now. amelia has gotten so big!!!

    -christina

    ReplyDelete