So far so good with school! I get happy grams from her teacher, saying what a good student she is. I am so impressed with how independent the kids are. When I drop Amelia off each morning, a teacher opens the car door for her, but its up to her to walk down the long hall to wait in the gym until the bell rings. Then she makes her way into the classroom on the other end of the building.
The kids have been working on "high frequency words" (the, for, at, in, and, etc) and she's SO excited to look for those words in her books. It's all starting to click how reading works! Yay Kindergarten!
Juliet insisted in wearing her backpack too. She actually wore it every morning the first week. She also asked "Eh Yaya?" 50 times a day the first week ("Where's Amelia?").
When we left after dropping Amelia off on the first day, Juliet made a big show of saying "Buh Bye Yaya!!!" with hugs and kisses. Amelia was MORTIFIED and pretended to not know her little sister. I volunteered to read in class just this morning and when Juliet & I walked in, Amelia was met with a screaming "HI YAYA!!!!!" and more hugs & kisses. I was told that was "SO EMBARASSING, MOM!" Ha ha...little sister loves you, Amelia!
Juliet also started school too! She's in a Mother's Day Out program 2 days a week. Drop off is terrible with 2 minutes of tears then she has a fabulous time. I got the nicest note on the first day about how she was full of hugs, ate all her lunch, cleaned up her own messes and slept the entire nap time. Her teacher even whispered to me "I wish we had 11 more Juliets in this class" with a wink.
Juliet's motto is "I FOLLOW THE RULES!"



No comments:
Post a Comment