This photo is of a happy Amelia on her pink beanbag the other night - nothing to do with the below trauma.
Last night Amelia was so eager to practice walking and took some solo steps while she was playing with toys last night. She tripped over her own feet and landed flat on her face on the floor, with a pacifier in her mouth. I picked her up to do the usual "It's ok" routine and saw BLOOD all over her face and shirt! I had to remain calm so as not to upset her more, but on the inside I was freaking out (especially since I was home alone with her)! The first thing I did was assess: was it the nose or the mouth? Nose is fine-ok! Are her teeth still there? 5 teeth present-ok! This made me feel a tiny bit better but there was so much blood that I was still scared. I took her up to our bathtub since running water always calms her and was able to get her cleaned up and after some Mickey Mouse Hotdog Dance tunes (her favorite) she was back to herself. Once Ed got home, he was able to look and see that it was her Upper Labial Frenulum that had split (and I looked it up online of course to get the proper name...Dr. Eileen to the rescue!). That's the little connector thingy between your top lip and your upper gum.
I know my little story sounds so dramatic and it will be the first of many accidents to come but the sight of blood flowing from my baby was so awful!
No comments:
Post a Comment