Girls

Girls

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update...

On Sunday morning Amelia's fever went away and then she started developing red spots ALL OVER HER BODY, although she was sleeping better and her appetite had come back. I was sure it was Chicken Pox then a friend reminded me that kids get a vaccine for that now. I did some online research and it sounded like a virus called "Roseola". I had to wait until Monday to see the doctor and by then the spots were in the thousands - Amelia looked AWFUL but seemed in good spirits. Anyhow, the doctor diagnosed her with...Roseola! Since it's a virus and her fever was gone there was nothing to do for her. She was over the contagious period but the doctor said to keep her home anyway because one look at her would send other mothers in a panic. I don't have any photos...too sad! She's almost all better now thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment