Girls

Girls

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dentist, Haircut, Recital

Most of the attention is still on Juliet, so I thought I would dedicate a special post just for Amelia.

She had her first dental visit a few weeks ago.  One of my new Katy friends is a pediatric dental hygienist so we chose her office.  When Amelia was called back, I was surprised when told that she had to go back alone for her cleaning!  I had 10 seconds to wish her luck and off she went (she left so quickly she didn't have a chance to be upset I wasn't going to be with her).  About 20 mins later they called me back and said she did fabulous and that her teeth look great.  Woo Hoo!

 To celebrate a great dental visit, we went to Cool Cuts for her first 'real' haircut.  She's had haircuts before, but they were done by either stylist Mommy or Daddy out in the backyard.  This was a real haircut where she got LAYERS!  It looked great...with her long bouncy curls I can't believe I never thought to layer her hair before.  It's much more manageable now with less tangles to deal with each night.  I didn't get ANY after photos since she's going through a 'don't take my photo' phase.  That Cool Cuts place was pretty neat - princess movies during the cut and she got to sit in a red car!

 Last weekend was the big dance recital.  Amelia was really excited since my brother Nick and his girlfriend Eve were in town and were going to watch.  I curled her eyelashes and put eyeshadow, lip gloss & blush on her.  She even got to wear perfume for her big day!  At the Christmas recital, she hid under a table for most of the performance (mad about something) but this time she did so much better!  She stopped to pick her nose for a bit but otherwise stayed on stage and participated!


Jazz hands!


With her buddies Kendall & Nicolette

1 comment: