I've been told some babies need to be weaned out of the helmet. Since they spend so much time a day in it, it can become like a security blanket. When I first take off the helmet each day, Juliet actually fusses a bit and scratches her head like she wants it back on.
The helmet has come in so handy during this stage of being a baby. Learning to crawl and now cruising comes with falling down, and the helmet has saved her little head so many times! It also comes in handy when a big bad big sister likes to help the baby 'practice walking'!
Shhhh...we cheat with the helmet for special times like taking photos, swimming, going out to eat & shopping. The doctor was very adamant about only taking it off for 1 hour a day but obviously that's a bit conservative if we cheated now and then and still had great measurements! I like to take advantage of these times and put bows in Juliet's hair.
Being loved by Madison & Delaney!
Hey Grandpa! What flat spot? Look at this soon-to-be-round-again head!
Oh - and look who is STANDING by herself now! She's only 9 1/2 months old...surely a walker soon? Uh oh.
Swimming with Daddy - a must during these super hot days. Another cheat time - shhhh!
We had to skip Juliet's 9 month checkup as she was sick with a mystery virus that week. She had a fever, then head to toes red bumps for a few days. The doctor thinks it was "Parvo" since her cheeks got and stayed the reddest. Isn't that what dogs can get? See the wet, slicked over hair? I do that to her hair right after I take the helmet off in the morning, otherwise...
...this is what she looks like! CRAZY HAIR!
No comments:
Post a Comment