Amelia turned 4 last week! My dad & Mary and her granddaughters Madison & Delaney all came for a long weekend to help celebrate. The big girls were fabulous baby-sitters, entertaining both kids for 4 days straight! I even got to take A NAP alone that weekend - woo hoo!
We had a joint birthday party with Amelia's friend Nicolette which worked out really well since the girls had many of the same friends. We had the party at Noah's Ark which is a toddler-friendly pool area (2 ft deep I think) with lots of water features like slides, fountains, etc. I am The Mom Who Forgot the Camera, so I don't have ANY photos to share right now! Ooops. Nicolette's mom was much more thoughtful and remembered her camera so I'm sure I can grab some photos from her.
We took Amelia to her 4 year old checkup a few days ago. We had been warned that it can be a traumatic appointment so both parents are recommended to attend (turns out it's so daddy can help hold a child down during shots!). She weighs 32 lbs (43 percentile) and is 40 in tall (54 percentile). She's kind of a shrimp!
We also went ahead with an optional hearing test which unfortunately Amelia failed in both ears. It was the lowest decibal that she totally never heard. The doctor said it could just be her age and not fully understanding test instructions, or it could be something else. She commented that Amelia's raspy voice (her 'normal' voice that we've always known) could be due to enlarged adenoids which can lead to pressure of fluid on her eardrums. She also asked if she snored which we said YES! I'm not sure what all this means but we're going to see an ENT specialist for further testing. Gee - all this time she wasn't just ignoring me? Poor thing may not have HEARD me!
Other than that, Amelia continues to be our funny, life of the party, sassy, know it all, independent & smart little girl. She starts pre-K in a few weeks (and will wear uniforms!) and we're also starting swim lessons and 'real' dance classes at a ballet studio. Can't wait to see what this next year is all about with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment