I keep expecting the terrible 2's to set in at any moment, but nothing so far. This kid is SO COMPLIANT! If I have the need to count 1, 2, 3 for any reason, on "1", she runs over to hug and say sorry. She lays in her crib and falls asleep on her own and sleeps for 11 hours - EVERY NIGHT! She's really excited about potty training now and sits herself up on the toilet with a step stool. She's 'gone' quiet a few times so I have hope she'll be out of diapers early like Amelia was.
Juliet's likes:
-Happy Birthday is still her all time favorite song. I sing it every single night at bedtime.
-Food. She'll eat just about anything except for raisins. She's really funny about how she eats certain things. Sandwiches are eaten at a 90 degree angle, with the middle eaten first, resulting in a hole. A taco is also eaten from the middle first, resulting in a broken taco and some tears. She mostly loves salmon, black beans & shrimp.
-Dress Up. The Princess phase is starting (good thing it's not cool to a 5 year old anymore, so sharing isn't much of an issue). We have so many dress up items that Juliet can spend an hour in the Princess Closet and come up with some fun looks. They always include plastic shoes, a tiara and sunglasses.
-School. She goes to a Mother's Day Out part-time program 2x a week and she walks in the classroom so happy, never looking back or even saying goodbye. I get the cutest notes from her teachers about how many friends she has - Miss Popular! I think she's talking more and more since starting her program.
Juliet's dislikes:
-Seeing Amelia get my full attention. It's the END OF THE WORLD if I'm hugging or holding Amelia. Like fall to your knees and hold your head in your hands kind of sad.
-Washing her hair. I don't do it every day, but she sure would love it if it happened maybe only monthly.
We had a small party to celebrate the birthday girl. Ed's parents came for the week which was so much fun. Pita made her world famous black beans and all the kids ate and ate. Grownups had fajitas & wine and everyone had cupcakes. My new go-to place for desserts is the Whole Foods Bakery. So good - we had Salted Caramel, Fudge and Key-Lime cupcakes.
The kids table. Also a photo-bomb by Chi Chi!
Amelia & Diego. She wrote him a love letter and gave it to him as soon as he walked in! It said something along the lines of "You Will Marry Me"!
Juliet and Shepherd hadn't seen each other since our Ozarks trip in the summer. She was so funny with him and didn't want him anywhere near her!
No comments:
Post a Comment