Girls

Girls

Sunday, November 8, 2009

TuTu Skirt - Made by Mommy!



Amelia ran off with the tulle and thought it was hilarious.


I can't wait to use this fabric!

I came up with an idea for a skirt that would be a tutu/skirt hybrid and after consulting with my mom and a trip to High Fashion Fabric, put my thoughts to work and here's the finished product! I'm thrilled with it - it's EXACTLY as I'd envisioned it! It's pretty much a tutu attached to a little gathered skirt with an elastic waistband.

I used the pink giraffe fabric for my first prototype and I've got lots more cute fabric. My next one will be with the blue tea party fabric with pink tulle for the tutu. I have ideas too for a similar skirt with a drawstring waist using grosgrain ribbon - wish me luck! Who knows...maybe I'll end up with a bunch of great ones and start selling them on Etsy.com!

Amelia just loves her new skirt and had so much fun this evening wearing it! Both my grandmother and mother were/are fabulous seamstresses and taught me everything I know. I hope in the future that Amelia will sit with me at the dining room table cutting out fabric and being creative, just as I'd done when I was young.

1 comment:

  1. I love your tutu skirt!! You'll have to show me how to make this!

    ReplyDelete