Girls

Girls

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bye Bye Pony Room

The bedroom we chose for Amelia in the new house was painted Pepto Bismal Pink with a purple pony mural on one wall. It was AWFUL and had to go!

This was a real hair bow attached to the wall with a push-pin.
Those hearts on the tree were foam cut-outs glued to the wall. The sun had a few rays that extended onto the ceiling.


Those lovely clouds were made of hundreds of cotton balls glued to the wall.

This mural took up the ENTIRE wall! Those little pink piggies were kind of cute but what IS that little brown animal on the other side of the pony? We assume the flying blue creatures are birds added on by the 6 yr old!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not fully finished with Amelia's new room but here's where we are so far. The walls are a super pale yellow (or as Ed calls it - white) with a mix of yellow, green & white decor. I fell in love with a fairy print from Rosenberry Rooms and also found the cutest Michael Miller fairy fabric for her curtains which I made this weekend. The white toy chest was a plain wooden chest that my dad gave me years ago - not really sure the history on it. I painted it white and added some embellishments to the front (a rose wreath & swags which I painted and glued on). I love the look so far but need some more things on the walls and some more pops of color. Also, the tan carpet has GOT TO GO - that's part of our next phase of renovations.

She's my favorite fairy from the curtain fabric.


Who doesn't love a bearskin rug?! Yes, Amelia's still in the crib. At her age I should really think about taking off the front of the crib and converting it to a toddler bed (and it turns into a headboard/footboard for a full-size bed later) but she hasn't even considered climbing out yet. I'm going to trap her in there as long as I can!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also changed up Amelia's bathroom. It used to be a turquoise wall color with red accents and black & white Marilyn Monroe prints - for the kids bathroom! We took care of that with a super pale green wall color (or as Ed calls it - white), a pretty Shabby Chic shower curtain from Target and some really cute star wall pegs from Land of Nod.

Abeula brought this on her last visit - a girly teapot night light. So perfect!

2 comments:

  1. OMG....that mural is horrible! Tacky! Hopefully the old owners don't follow your blog and know what you thought of it! Must have been just a delight to take all that down including all the glue, etc. The new room is really cute! You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job documenting the transformation! I love the fairy fabric and embellishments on the chest!

    ReplyDelete