Girls

Girls

Friday, March 11, 2011

Refinished Floors

We had almost our entire downstairs floors refinished 2 weeks ago and we're so impressed with the results!  There was some water damage in the wet bar area and in the dining room, faded areas where rugs used to be and the wood on the stairs and handrails didn't match the rest of the floor.  We went with a darker stain throughout which I think looks great against the tall white walls.

It was quite a process getting this done, though.  We had to take everything off the walls, cover all light fixtures with plastic and then the workers crammed all our furniture in the kitchen & spare bedroom.  We had a crew of about 6 guys so the whole job went a little faster than I expected but it still took four full days of having our house in chaos.  We stayed at Kristy's house while she & Jason were out of town (thanks so much!) for the first 2 nights, then the last 2 we stayed at a hotel near the house. 

I swear I'm not the "carry my tiny dog around in a pink purse" kind of gal, but this came in handy when we transported Chi Chi!  The first day we went to Kristy's I had to drop Amelia at school before I could drop off the dog, so Chi Chi got to come to school.  We did a little show and tell and Amelia thought I was the coolest mom ever - "MY mommy brings my puppy dog to school!".

No comments:

Post a Comment