Girls

Girls

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ballet Recital

Amelia has been in her dance class since January and they've been practicing all semester for their big recital.  She goes during school so I'm never there to see what they really do in class.  All I know is that when I pick her up, she's in her pink leotard & ballet slippers and she's got a huge smile on her face.

Today was the recital and we weren't sure what to expect.  There were only 7 girls and they looked beautiful in their tutus and feather hairclips!  There were 2 parts - ballet and tap.  Everyone stood in their assigned spots and did their routines without much trouble...except for one little girl.  I recently read some horoscope info about Leos and how they love to be the center of attention and a lot of them end up in theater or other jobs where they can be in the spotlight.  Yep, that's our girl.


Attempting the splits during the recital (not part of the routine)!



 Stretch...

and plie (or squat)...

 ...and then take off running around in circles, squealing with delight and making the crowd laugh.  Gotta be in the spotlight!

  
 She paid a little more attention during the tap portion.



She has her first ribbon - we're hanging that one in her room!

 
 These are Amelia's best friends, classmates Julianne & Marilyn (they're fraternal twins).  You'd think they're too young to have 'best friends' but they all include each other in their prayers at night - too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment