Girls

Girls

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Big Girl Room

We bought Amelia her big girl bed back in May and its taken me this long to get the rest of the room put together.  I'll always add/move/adjust/remove things as time goes on but for now this is her room.  I'm so glad we have both bed rails up because they save her from rolling off ALL the time!  Knowing that there would be nights one of us would have to lay down with her for storytime, illness, monsters in the closet (a very real issue now!), etc I made sure her bed was big enough (full size) and comfy enough (down comforter & Tempur-pedic pillows) for adults.

The walls are supposed to be a very pale yellow but look plain old white, don't they?  I wish I'd done a pale pink instead, but there will be no more painting in this house for a few years!


I love this headboard from Ballard Designs!  It's upholstered with a slipcover and a pretty pink A monogrammed on it.

 I made another roll pillow and it came out better than the playroom ones!

 This fabric matches the pillow above, although I'm not thrilled with the color green I ended up with for the "A".  I might repaint it...
 This mirror was in the powder room downstairs and I've always hated it.  It was too girly looking for a bathroom, but add a pink bow to it and it's perfect for a girl's room!  Amelia loves to stand on her toy bench at the foot of her bed every morning to check out her outfit.


 The poor little pink bird in the birdcage gets manhandled all the time.  I think I found it at Michael's for $2.99...maybe I should buy a few more for backup in case this one dies?


I made the 'pelmet box' above the window using these super easy instructions.  The fabric matches the tablecloth on the nightstand (actually VERY easy to make too...here are some instructions).  I lucked out with the Pottery Barn Kids drapes as they have little green polka dots that look super cute with the fabric on the box.  I've done something similar in Baby Sister's room and am working hard to try to get her room done in the next month or so.

1 comment:

  1. Can you come do my house? Puh-leez! Rachel

    ReplyDelete