Before I begin, can I just say how much I miss this little bare head?!
So, we got Juliet's helmet last week. She eased into it over a period of 5 days and is now in it 23 hours a day, only taking it off in the morning and at night for bathing, cleaning the helmet and for head kisses. It doesn't really phase her at all and I'm pretty sure she doesn't even know it's on her head. We were told to expect that the first week or two she'd have a sweaty head until she got acclimated to the helmet. Her first night of wearing it for bedtime was really tough though as she had a cold and is teething, plus she was really warm until I took her jammies off. I clean the helmet 2x a day with the recommended rubbing alcohol - it smells like a dirty sock right after I take it off!
I'm still not "OK" with this whole thing but have to keep reminding myself that this is only for 12-ish weeks (1 down already!). Each time I go to her many specialist appointments, I feel grateful and thank God that this is her only issue. There are small children with serious health problems in the waiting room with us and it's almost awkward to sit there with my little girl who just has a flat spot that will be fixed in no time.
Ed wants to get a Boston Bruins sticker for her helmet. Amelia's been really sweet, saying how cute she looks. When we go into her preschool class, the other little kids are nice too, saying how neat she looks in her superhero helmet!
No comments:
Post a Comment