Girls

Girls

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Athletic Daughter

Since school started last fall, Amelia has had a major growth spurt and become very…athletic?!  My little shrimp has grown 3 inches, gained 7 lbs and outgrows her clothes every time I do laundry.

When we go to the park I now just look away if she's doing crazy things.  There's really no stopping her (beyond keeping her in her room!)




She still goes to Kids Yoga every single Saturday.  The class is getting so popular that they may open a second class to accommodate everyone.  She particularly loves that she gets to do her handstands and wheels that she also does in her Tumbling class.

Handstand with the Dolls.  The yoga studio has this photo framed for everyone to see!

Little Yogi.  I think she was singing a little song with her eyes closed.  Look at little sister following along.  She ran and changed into this outfit when she saw I was going to take a few photos of her!


This is a CRAZY pose for a kid but hops right into it.  I'm working on the forearm stand myself so we put our mats side by side and play together.


Don't worry, she still likes nonathletic stuff like planning her wedding to friend Diego.  She's changed her mind on what she wants to be when she grows up.  Now she wants to be a Wedding Dress Designer and part-time cheerleader.

Climbing up the rock wall at her school's Spring Carnival.  She didn't quite make it to the top but had fun repelling down.


Miss Show Off is showing me how she does the monkey bars backwards.  One of her favorite playground activities is finding a BOY who can't yet do the monkey bars.  She offers to "teach" him.


She's now riding on 2 wheels (with help pushing off and stopping).  She really needs to master the braking/stopping as each time it's a big crash!  We've had a fun time with the other 5 year olds on our street all learning at the same time.



Tumbling classes are her favorite part of the week.  She's still in the beginner class but should move up a level soon.  She's 'mastered' the cartwheel, is working on a round-off and her handstands and wheels are looking good!

Standing up and bend back all the way into a wheel.  I wish I could do that!

Playing around with a handstand.

Mid cartwheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment