Girls

Girls

Monday, December 20, 2010

Super Secret Princess Hideout

When my friend Charlotte & family were over for Thanksgiving, I asked her opinion on some decorating dilemmas I had.  During our discussions, she mentioned that when she was young she had a nook under the stairs all to herself.  I thought that was a fabulous idea!  One of the good things about living out in the 'burbs is that we have tons of space and plenty of storage.  We have 2 staircases in our home and the back one is near the kitchen/living room.  This area is really the 'heart of the house' so I decided it would be the best place to have a Super Secret Princess Hideout!  Thanks Charlotte for the idea!  

For now it's mostly got Amelia's dress-up stuff stored in there because otherwise it was kept in her room and she had to ask for help getting to it.  I plan to get a hanging book rack so it can be a comfy place for her to hang out & read (and do math homework later!). 

We took the door off the closet and hung up a curtain - white tulle panels from Ikea for $4.99/pair!

I painted the green & pink stripes using paint we found left behind in the garage - $0!  That ceiling is begging for something to hang from it, don't you think? 

I took the sconce off the generic closet light and replaced it with this adorable one from Ikea ($4.99!!).  It's actually a wall lamp that would normally plug into an outlet but we took it apart and only used the outer light cover.

This coat-hook bar was left behind in another closet when we moved in - $0!  It's the perfect place to hang your pink cowboy hat, purse & boa.  There's a magnetic board in there too where Amelia can put all her alphabet magnets. I just need to find them all as they're currently spread throughout the house - another benefit of this room is I can be a little more organized!

I love this hanging frog storage thing - $9.99 from Ikea.  It's where Amelia keeps her tutus and other dress-up items for now.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, how do you have time to do all this? When I move back to Houston, you have to come over and help with the new house! You are such a crafty person! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the decorating! What a special place for Amelia to play!

    ReplyDelete