Girls

Girls

Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Want To Go Home and Go To Target


Score!  I found a barely-used bicycle trailer on Craigslist over the weekend for less than 1/2 the price of a brand new one.  It was muddy (apparently they took their 3 yr old off roading?) but Ed gave it a quick wash and it was good to go.  The only things missing are a canopy and a safety flag which I'm sure I can easily find online.  Ed's bike had a tire leak so it was up to me to test out the new trailer with my little passenger.

First I want to mention that we hyped it up yesterday saying that we were going for a bicycle ride in the morning and Amelia was super excited. When she realized that Mommy was the one who actually got to ride the bicycle she got upset and said she wanted to ride it herself like Kepler (the neighbor's 2yr old who has a tricycle).  I told her that this was WAY better - Mommy gets to PULL Amelia!  When I had her convinced, Ed got her all geared up and when he put on her brand new pink helmet, he accidentally pinched her neck with the chin strap!  Way to go Daddy.

We finally got going and I was having so much fun, thinking we could finally start riding our bikes as a family in a safe & quiet neighborhood but all Amelia kept saying was "Mommy going too slow"!  I went a little faster and further down the street, excited about exploring more of the neighborhood and then Amelia started telling me this and repeated it about 20 times:  I don't like bicycle.  I want to go home and go to Target.  Really?  Where does she get this?  Actually, I guess we've been shopping there a lot lately with Christmas and all (and it's a Super Target so lately I pick up groceries too), but what child gives up a fun bike ride with their Mommy to instead run errands?  Amelia Frances Delatorre!

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Target too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Ava hates Target - "No Mommy, no Target!" when we pull in the parking lot but asks to go to "Daddy's car wash" and Central Market.

    ReplyDelete