My rug came in today so I was able to take some better photos of the new art/craft room! As I mentioned, this was the formal living room which we were trying to make into a more useful space. It's big and bright and although it's visible as soon as you walk into the house, I thought I could make it just chic enough that it didn't look like a messy playroom.
The paint is Restoration Hardware Silver Sage, the new rug is from Overstock (at a steal and it's good quality too!) and the craft furniture is from the Home Decorators catalog. I was a little iffy on the mail-order furniture but it's exactly what I was looking for - a 36" tall work table (no more hunching over the dining room table to cut fabric) and the storage cabinet holds EVERYTHING! Amelia's easel is in the corner on the foam mats, I have a little desk for her in another room and I also plan to add some sort of low storage for her stuff.
The crystal chandelier is so not my taste but it totally works in this room! The green tile around the fireplace bothers me but eventually we'll have that replaced with something more neutral.
The last thing to figure out was the card table. It's Ed's from way back when and he was pretty adamant that we should keep it. Since I'll still need a 'regular' height table for the sewing machine I guess it works here, although I think the round table from the kitchen might be better.
No comments:
Post a Comment