Girls
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Flight to Grandma's House For Thanksgiving
We flew to Virigina last week to visit my mom & Tom for Thanksgiving. I was a little nervous about flying with Amelia, as she's so active now and hates to sit still. We bought a ticket for Amelia to have her own seat and I can't recommend that enough! I couldn't imagine having to trade off between my lap and Ed's and have to worry that the guy next to us isn't 350lbs and hates kids. We also packed lots of snacks (the laptop lunchbox was really neat!) and brought books, stickers and the portable DVD player for entertainment. The flight was 3hrs and for the first 45 mins, Amelia sat IN HER OWN SEAT(!), buckled up and watching a movie/playing. Then since it was technically naptime, I swaddled her tightly (I hadn't done that in so long!) and laid her down where she slept for over an hour and a half. The flight home was almost as good, but she had trouble staying asleep as our flight had noisier people! We'll be travelling again in Feb for our annual Miami trip, so I'm going to repeat everything we did to have another smooth trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment